Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Reset the Clock

In June 2007, we flew home from our year in Belize. Since that time, we have occasionally spoken about it saying, "Remember what we were doing for Christmas a year ago?" "Man, to think we have been home from Belize for 2 years." And most recently, as I looked down from the window of the plane, laying eyes on the rainforest and farmland of Belize I said, "Wow, I can't believe I haven't seen this sight in over 3 years!" Nathan immediately responded, "Now. You are seeing it now. Reset your clock."

I loved that.

The clock has been reset.

We are in Belize now. We are on Caye Caulker now. We swam in the Caribbean today.

But it's even better now, because we're here with our son. It makes the nights end a little earlier and the mornings come a bit sooner. But, it is just as we left it.

More will come. I will find the camera cord (hopefully!) and load a few pictures.

Mostly, just wanted everyone in blog land (mom :) to know:

We landed safely in Belize City.
We got to the Water Taxi without any hiccups, thanks to a great driver
The boat landed in Caye Caulker.
We are here.

Our clocks have been reset.

4 comments:

Steven Buechler said...

As of TODAY none of my babies are in Washington. :-( Be safe all.
(daddy loves you)

Kat said...

I am so excited for you guys...and maybe a little bit jealous. I hope that Corban is enjoying it and allowing you to as well. I can't to see pictures and hear more.

Anonymous said...

I'm in blog land! I'm in blog land! I'm so glad you made it safe and can't wait to see pictures!
-michelle

Rayne said...

I love reading your blogs. Sometime I feel like I'm right there with you. You should really look into journalism.