Monday, January 15, 2007

She did it! - 1/13/07

Oh my gosh, have you ever seen a more beautiful bride in your entire life? Yeah, I know, I'm biased, but just look at that girl!

Well, before this weekend, our family just wasn't big enough! For those of you who know us, you know I am kidding. 2 moms + 2 dads + 4 girls + 3 boys + 1 son-in-law = 1 big happy 21st century family! But, I could not have picked a better person to squeeze into our already crowded family pictures than my sister's husband, Jeff. My lil sis, Katherine Denise, tied the knot with Jeffery Dana Wiedemann on 1.13.07. Welcome to the family Jeff! You and my sister are so beautiful together, I know God will richly bless your marriage as you continue to seek Him and serve one another in love.

Here is a poem I wrote for the toast, just a portion of what I said, but I thought I would share it with all of you who are keeping up with our lives via this blog.

When I was just a little girl

With no sibling to fight with or hug

I was blessed with a wondrous gift

Her name was Katie Bug


A tiny baby sister

Had come into my life

And today that baby sister

Has become a wife

So here I stand before you

To toast the lovely bride

And I hope I communicate

The love I feel inside

The woman you see before you

Who married on this day

Means more to me than she'll ever know

More than words can say

Even as a child

Though we didn't always get along

She was someone special

Someone sweet and shy and strong

I remember playing "Princess and Slave"

And I convinced you it was fun

But after that came "Katie Rules"

The games weren't over until you'd won

There is a special bond

That only siblings understand

It happens very naturally

It isn't forced or even planned

And now that you've found Jeff

And made your solemn vow
Mom's got her fingers crossed

That a grandchild isn't far off now

Jeff, my brand new brother

We now share a common goal

To keep her forever happy

Because her laughter makes us whole

And to you, my baby sister

I hope you'll someday see

The joy you bring into to world

The joy you bring to me

And may the joy that surrounds you now

Stay forever in your heart

Because a wonderful future is ahead of you

Today is just the start








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember another bride that was also very beautiful.

Love....MOB