Monday, January 01, 2007

AmericansinAmerica.blogspot.com - 1/1/07


The last day of 2006 found Nathan and I spending a long, but not unpleasant day traveling from our familiar home of Blue Creek to our old stompin' grounds in the Good Ol' US of A! My mom, sis and very-soon-to-be-brother, Jeff, met us in Baggage Claim with piping hot decaf soy peppermint mochas!! We landed at 11:49 P.M. and rang in the New Year right there in Baggage Claim!

This morning my step dad, Reggie, made one of his signature breakfasts, which we all washed down with New Years Day Mimosas. Tonight my dad, step mom, brother and little step-sis came over along with my aunt and uncle for our final Christmas celebration. Mom made beef stew, because she knew Nathan and I would be craving some good ol’ home cooking. And of course, it was Costco pumpkin pie for dessert.
Oh yes, fun was absolutely had by all!

Since the holidays mean family, food, phresents, and fun, here is the newest family pic, taken tonight at my mom's house. Here you will find nearly all of my brothers and sisters. We are still missing Joseph and Michael, but I don't think we're all ever going to be in one place, so this is the most complete photo of my brothers and sisters you will ever see! Are we a good lookin family full of Kodak smiles, or what? And who is that tan girl with the curly hair? She looks Belizean...

4 comments:

N8 said...

It's easy to leave comments again! Let us know you stopped by!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! Glad to know you are here safe and sound! How long will you be staying? Till after the upcoming nuptuals?

You know Melissa...I AM in Lakewood...right down the road Mon - Fri. There's a great new cafe next to City Hall...wanna meet for lunch?

Call me when you get a chance and maybe we can get together! WK 253-983-7740 6:30 AM - 3 PM Cell 906-2862.

Hope to talk to you soon!
Jeanette :)

Anonymous said...

Hey you people!
I read your blog. I was here.
~Guess Who~

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa,
Thanks for the comment, it meant a lot to me. Catch you later.