Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Reality Check - 7/6/07


What a crazy month it has been! This was the first view of home we caught from the air as we made our final descent into Seattle, Washington on June 16
th, 2007. Our last view of Belize was palm trees and sun. Our first view of Washington was Mount Rainier and snow. It is a breathtaking view, but it made us cold just to see it!

Since we have been home we have visited nearly all of our family and many many friends. We've also spent time with friends that feel like family (that's you
Rodenbecks!) and family who feel like good friends (yup Ryan and Lindsey, you guys rock!) Since we've been back we have been to the mall, sipped drinks at Starbucks, shopped at Old Navy, browsed in huge book stores, gone to the theater, eaten at a great Mexican restaurant, taken a wine cruise on the lake, and so many other things we were dying to do while we were in Belize! We are having a blast, but boy do we miss Belize! I actually feel homesick for some of the sights and people that I miss so much. Here is a quick list-

Susy: I miss your kids and our times at the pool
Lizzle for Shizzle: I miss hearing you say, "Hello my friends!" and our bedtime chats.
Hilda: I miss your great cooking, our chats, lying in your hammock, our great adventures, and of course, the dogs!
Abe: I miss playing Texas
Hold'Em, flying around the country, going on grand adventures, and your laugh!
Marg, Margaret, Susy, Susanna, Tina, Corrina: I miss our Thursday mornings!
Susie: Thanks for teaching me how to make tamales. I miss your silly son!
Marian: I miss our Wednesday evenings, bible study in your computer room and your crazy boys!
Cynthia: I miss your smile, never knowing what your thinking, and your "zany-
ness"

There are more, so many people were generous to us during our stay, there are so many people who made us feel comfortable and welcome. Thank you all, you are the reason we miss Belize so much.

I absolutely want to visit again. Thank you for a wonderful and
unforgettable year!

By the way: this isn't quite our last post. Keep checking for our official sign-off!

1 comment:

bathmate said...

Thanks for your lovely posting. I really enjoyed it.
Bathmate