Sunday, July 30, 2006

TAKEOFF! - 7/30/06



We're on our way!

We had a good-bye fiesta at Melissa's mom's house with friends and relatives in Western Washington. This picture is of Melissa's brother Nathaniel, Melissa, Me, future brother-in-law Jeff, Katherine, and Melissa's sister Haley.

We've been packing the last of our things off and on all night before flying out in the morning - at 3am. Still so excited to go! Even though at this point, we only know the following:
  • I have a job waiting for me
  • We have a furnished two-bedroom apartment with AC
  • We will have internet access at least once a week - maybe more
  • Somebody will be at the airport to pick us up
  • We have a pickup truck to drive while we are down there
All other details are just part of the adventure! ...right?

So excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, I love you, I love you I am so excited for you both, what an adventure. If you are blessed, life is full of adventures and you two are truly blessed. Have a wonderful time I love the way you both embrace life enjoy everday. There will be lots of changes that's what makes life interesting. God bless you both, Cathy Ankney

Anonymous said...

WOW, this summer went quickly! I am so proud and happy for both of you (a little jealous as well)! We are looking forward to hearing from you via internet and seeing the many photos that I know you will post!
Best of everything to you both!

P.S. Your fathers comments made me cry! How proud he is of both of you!

Patti B - Clarkston, WA